slayerkitty replied to your post “somebody please tell me how the hell to keep my 3yo in bed. Nothing I…”Do they share a room?
yes they do!
I don’t have any answers but her are a couple things to try.
1) Start 3 year olds bedtime routine before brother so when he runs around it doesn’t bother brother.
2) Look at the bedtime routine. Consider adding a step or two that will aid in glide down. Adding back rubs may help. Lullybyes, a bath before bed. Those sorts of things. The key is to pick a routine and stick with it. It will take some time before you’ll know if this works because the idea is for the routine to cue sleep and it needs time to set.
3) Look at what he’s allowed to do before bed. Some activities hype kids up more. We limit screen time (TV, computer) before bed because we had problems if we didn’t.
4) Talk to your pediatrician and see what they say. They know your kid and often have helpful suggestions. Also, they can help on the off chance something medical is going on.
5) Melatonin - I hope I spelled that right. We use the one with ozzz in the name and get it from Amazon. We give it about 1/2 hour before bed and it helps them get sleepy. It’s a natural substance and can be helpful.
Wow, I had more ideas than I thought. We have had our share of sleep issues although not exactly the same as yours. I can give more detail about our routines if that helps.